If you love pizza as much as I do, but you are learning how to eat clean and change your bad habits into better ones, look no further!
This Zucchini Crust recipe will take Pizza night to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL! Even more two boys (7 and 5!) LOVED it! So give it a shot, and let me know what you think!
TIP- I recommend using a Pizza Stone… makes for crunchier crust and easier clean up!
8 cups shredded zucchini (Equals 3-4 medium Zucchinis)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup flour (sub almond flour)
2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
3 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp basil
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1) Preheat oven to 550F with a pizza stone pre baking in it.
2) In a large bowl, toss the zucchini with 1 teaspoon coarse salt and set aside for 15 minutes.
3) Squeeze the excess moisture out of the squash by wrapping it up in a clean tea towel or piece of cheese cloth and wringing it out, discarding the water. If you do not have either, use a colander and press firmly with paper towel, draining the moisture (note: this works, but just takes a little longer.)
4) Once all of the excess moisture has been wrung out, place the shredded zucchini back into the bowl and add the cheddar cheese, flour, garlic, oregano, basil, eggs, and salt.
5) With your hands, combine all of the ingredients together. Place the zucchini mixture onto a piece of parchment paper at least 15” in diameter, set on something solid (large cutting board works) that will make it easy to transfer into the oven.
6) Using your fingers, spread the zucchini crust mixture to form a circle about 14” in diameter, 1/2″ thick. Pinch the edges up so that it forms a nice crust.
Once the pizza crust has been shaped, transfer the crust on the parchment paper onto the heated pizza stone in the oven. Bake for 8 minutes or until the crust starts to brown.
7) After 8 minutes, transfer the pizza (still on the parchment paper) out of the oven, onto the solid surface you used before (i.e. cutting board). Top the pizza with sauce and any additional toppings that you’d like. Once the toppings are on, transfer the pizza (again, still on the parchment paper) back onto the heated pizza stone in the oven and bake for an additional 4 minutes.
Remove, let cool for 2 mins, slice and devour!
Can’t wait to read your feedback!